wireless recievers

D

dsmkiller

hey everyone,
new to this forum and new to mac and OS X. Trying to get the internet hooked up to my mini and i've heard alot about the airport card for the mac. My question is what are my other options for wireless connection. what wireless recievers are out there that are compatiable and arent totally pointless. i have searched and i cant seem to find an answer.

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac no more - Sony Vaio FZ4000
I actually just finished posting a thread on this topic that gives a simple review for 3 popular wireless routers currently on the market (It's in the thread labeled "What Wireless Set-Up Do You Use?").

As for your mini, unless you purchased it with the Airport card installed then you'll have to go for an external wireless USB adapter. As for which are compatable, I'm pretty sure D-Link is not, but if you want to know just go to each manufacturer's website and look at what their products are compatable with (look at Linksys, Netgear, D-Link, Belkin, etc.). Also, if you don't already have a wireless router, I suggest you stick with the same brand as the USB adapter, because some can be troublesome with cross-products.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.