• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Formatting usb

Reaction score
Everytime I'm trying to reformat my USB key as MS Dos so that it gets recognized in Microsoft computers or my Xbox

It creates a partition and makes it MS Dos, but it keeps the original as MacOS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
I made the same mistake with my 8 gb, trying to make a bootable Linux drive. It gave me 200mb Fat32 and 7.8gb OSX(could only use 200mb of it on a PC). It is just as easy to fix on a Mac, easy mistake to make.

Insert your flash drive and open Disk Utility. Select flash drive and click the PARTITIONS tab, NOT Erase. Under 'Volume Scheme' select '1 Partition'. Give it a name if you want, select the format, and click Apply. Your flash drive should be back to normal :)

OP
A
Reaction score
it doesnt work iBeldar. It still just creates a partition as MS Dos, but the Drive is STILL MacOS.

I'll have to ask my brothers to reformat them on their PCs because I don't have one, and I still haven't installed bootcamp on my mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.