Minimize all Windows

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm a mac newbie. I just bought a new MBP 13 inch. I've looked up the keyboard shortcut of Option-Command-M to minimize all windows, but it doesn't seem to work....Anyone have any help on this one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Hello, :)
I what way doesn't it work?
The minimize all windows command minimizes all windows of the currently active application (The one in the foreground).
Other windows belonging to other applications will not get minimized.

OP
J
Reaction score

Okay, like right now my screen has firefox open and my itunes window is also open. It's a bit smaller so I can see all of my itunes window and part of my firefox window. But when I press the keyboard shortcut nothing happens. My issue is what if I had a lot of windows open and wanted to get back to my "clean" desktop fast. Isn't there a keyboard shortcut to do this? I'm sorry I forgot to mention that, I'm running snow leopard.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Okay, like right now my screen has firefox open and my itunes window is also open. It's a bit smaller so I can see all of my itunes window and part of my firefox window. But when I press the keyboard shortcut nothing happens. My issue is what if I had a lot of windows open and wanted to get back to my "clean" desktop fast. Isn't there a keyboard shortcut to do this? I'm sorry I forgot to mention that, I'm running snow leopard.

Enjoy. <- This is a link.

OP
J
Reaction score

Thanks, but I thought expose was about "handling" multiple virtual desktops only.

Nevermind, it's spaces that does that...Thanks for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.