Time Machine Mayhem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (aluminum unibody) 10.5, iMac 27", TimeCapsule, iPhone4, iPod nano
Recently added a 1TB Time Capsule. Did first back up about a week ago and MacBook a little slow since. Noticed yesterday that my Time Machine icon is constantly running. Time Machine shows it working and "preparing" to connect perpetually. Command to stop backing up does nothing. Turning off Time Machine does nothing. I try to connect to the Time Capsule and it just says "connecting" forever. Help! Is the constant back up slowing me down? Am I even really backed up?

Thanks!

Mac Newbie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
I'm using "Silver Keeper " for my backups and it is working great for me.You might have a look at it as a substitute for Time Machine.It's free also. Van

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
Pish;

If you give it long enough, it will eventually complete the back up. Plug it in and leave it on overnight and see if that does the trick.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.