Dual Displays & CS5 Issue...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In the house: MacBook Pro, MacBook, iPod Classic, iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, Apple TV, Airport Extreme
This might be a stupid question, but I just bought an eMachine 23" LCD monitor to work as my second display to my 13" MBP but am having troubles getting my applications to open on it.

I would basically like to use CS5 and the like on the second monitor for obvious reasons but I can not seem to get the tools and control bars off of the MBP's main display.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Open System Preferences and click on Displays.
In there you can select which screen is your primary. That will be the one with your dock icons on it.
You can set it to "Mirror mode" which will just make both screens the same. But you don't want that. So make sure that box is unchecked. And you can arrange your screens as to which is on the left and on the right so it makes sense to you as you work.

Play around with those preferences and see if you can't get it set up the way you want.

Reaction score
Only Fix I can Find

I've dealt with the same issue and the solution is a bit of a pain thanks to the folks over at Adobe. You have to drag EACH ELEMENT one by one to the other screen.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is shutting down and restarting the program to see if the MAC remembers the settings...but, this is one area where the software is more user friendly on a PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Have you tried fullscreen with menu mode? I wonder if that'd work for moving it all over at once.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.