Airport express off and on

Joa

Reaction score
Im having a brand new Mac Book pro, and I have bought some music from Itunes Store, trying to play it on my stereo via Airtunes on my Airport express. (AE), using an optical cable.
BIG problems. I have a wireless network from a Jenssen airlink 89300, which is connectet to the adsl modem supplied from my broaband supplier. My internet works well. The AE is set up to connect to my wireless network.

When I turn the AE off, and then on again, it sometimes pops up in my airport utility, and then everything works fine, for a moment, or for a while, usually a minute or so. Then the music cuts, and it also disappears from the AE utility.

To everybody else's irritation, I have removed the wireless phone. Standing next to the AE with my Macbook, I can only se one other wireless network, with a weak signal. Could this cause the trouble? I have tried to change the channel on my wireless network. The distance between the Jenssen and the AE is aprox 5 meters, with a wooden wall (thin) between.

The light bulb on the AE is green.

When the AE "pops up" again, the AE utility states that it has found a unit that is reporting problems. Still, it is possible to change the setting on the AE, or to play music, until it leaves me again, in silence....

I am about to turn crazy. I have looked through a lot of threads, trying different things, nothing solves the problem. All software is up to date. Using Itunes 10

I first used the AE via a PC, the problems started then, but in fact, it worked better with a PC!! Do not like that.

Help anybody?

Help - anybody?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.