Just got my new Imac 20"

P

pauld

Hi,

A new mac user here, convert from Windows.

I just bought my first mac, an Imac G5 2.0 20" , with just the 250gb HD and 512mb of ram. The only upgrade I bought was the bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

I set it up last night and just love it, I still have alot to learn but I am very impressed so far.

The other thing I am considering is the Apple care protection plan, do you guys think it is worth it? I guess it is good to not have to worry.

Just thought I would share my news. :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
hmm.. im actually saving for a iMac 20"... so im glad to hear that youre happy with it :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
pauld said:
Hi,

A new mac user here, convert from Windows.

I just bought my first mac, an Imac G5 2.0 20" , with just the 250gb HD and 512mb of ram. The only upgrade I bought was the bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

I set it up last night and just love it, I still have alot to learn but I am very impressed so far.

The other thing I am considering is the Apple care protection plan, do you guys think it is worth it? I guess it is good to not have to worry.

Just thought I would share my news. :mac:

I have the 17in version and i love my iMac. (My dad was the one actually paying for it and i could not convince him that we needed the 20in. Guess he is not as stupid as he looks. lol)

Well, back to your question about apple care. I did have my dad get that just because it could be the best thing you ever paid for. If you buy it you have the piece of mind that you know that things will be fixed if something goes wrong (assuming you don`t cause the damage by...um... hitting it or tossing it out a window). For the extra money i think it is deffinantly worth it.

Hope that helps

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Congrats on your new system. As for AppleCare, you have a little less than a year to decide if you want it or not.

OP
B

badmojo

Nice purchase. I would suggest getting the Applecare, but shop it around. Apple authorized resellers usually sell Applecare for less than the store. Pick up a copy of your favorite Mac magazine and dig through it. Oh....you may want to think about adding some additional ram, at least another 512 mb.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple iMAC Core Duo (20"/1gb/250/SD/BT/AP)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.