I took the plunge!

S

SomaGaze

I got my PowerBook today! I also learned always call when buying something like this (explanation in a minute...)

15"
1.67GHz
512MB RAM
SuperDrive
100GB hdd
128 VRAM
AppleCare (can never be too careful...)

I'm getting 2GB RAM form Newegg seperately for ~$225 (better than a $850 upgrade from Apple!)

This laptop retails on the site for $2,848.00. But when I called and asked about some deals, I got excited. First of all, he asked if I was a student and I said no (so this is not a student discount...).

The base model of this laptop retails for $2299, he said he could get me that for $2099, a free 4GB iPod Mini (got the green one :headphone), and free printer ($100 printer). The iPod and printer are rebates, though...but, I'm gong to be sure and completes this rebate for my $300 back! Of course, expecting to spend a little more than this, I was a overjoyed.

Its been awhile since I bought my HP p1000 photo printer (about three years now...). So i asked about the free printer deal and found out its $100 off any printer. So I got my self a HP PhotoSmart 8450!

I went into this expecting to spend $3092.93 (darn sales tax...), and ending up spending $3,196.10 BEFORE a $300 rebate!

Sorry, I'm rambling...but I am just so excited! My first Mac!!! I can't wait to see what it can do! I must say Apple products are VERY addicting...

My Apple product flowchart...
10GB 3G iPod for wife
20GB 3G iPod for me
1GB iPod shuffle for me
60GB iPod Photo for me
PowerBook for me, YAY!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
congrats thats an awesome machine and a sweet collection!

OP
G

gfk9000

You got a great deal. I got the 15" 1.67ghz 100gig harddrive SuperDive and 1gig ram and Apple Care from the Apple Store all for 2987.00. I am in the military and apple gives a federal employee discount. The discount usually takes care of the tax. The military discount is for all Apple products only.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple iMAC Core Duo (20"/1gb/250/SD/BT/AP)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.