multi album sync to mac

Reaction score
new guy again...

I have a 4G iphone which has multiple photo albums on it. most are the result of going from an iphone 3G to a 3Gs to a 4G, but back to the point.

When I sync my phone on my new Mac, the only pictures that get copied to the mac are the ones in the "camera Roll" album. I would like to get all the albums off the phone and onto the mac so I can work on cleaning up duplicates and categorizing photos appropriately. Thanks in advance for the help!

Bob P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
When you dock your phone to the Mac select all photos and events in the menu for the iPhone in iTunes.

OP
R
Reaction score
when I try the above suggestion I get a message saying

" this iphone contains photo's synced with another photo library or folder. photo's and albums on "Bob's 4G" will be replaced with photo's and albums from this computer. Photo's taken with "Bob's 4G" (the camera roll) will not be affected."

This implies to me that all the photo's on the phone will be replaced by the photos currently on my mac, which is JUST the camera roll, will I loose all the other albums if I do this.

I have done a "backup" of the 4G so theoretically I can do a "restore" if I loose the other albums.

Followup anyone?

Thanks folks

Bob P

OP
R
Reaction score
Please folks, is there no solution to this problem, its hard to believe I'm the only person experiencing this issue with multiple albums on the iphone and needing to save them to the Mac...

Please help if you can

thanks

BP

C

chas_m

It sounds as if you acquired these various "albums" off of other people's machines, and so no, iTunes isn't going to sync that.

You'll need some third-party software to accomplish this. I like Pod to Mac ($20).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.