Please suggest a really simple spreadsheet app please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 1TB HDD - iPod Touch 4G
I'm just looking for a really simple spreadsheet app... Really simple for the following reasons.

(LATE EDIT) - (If I am talking nonsense, and I dont need a 'spreadsheet' to achieve what I set out below, please tell me what I need... Thanks)

I am not even going to be using it for calculations - Just to display a small amount of text data for my own use. I just want to add in some basic data, such as name, email, date, etc on a line and eventually sort any column by alphabetical order...

Thats it. Nothing really taxing at all...

It doesn't need to read or be compatible with anything else.

I'd rather not have a full office suite such as open office or neo office, because I only really need the spreadsheet... and finally...

I'd ideally like it to be free, because I may only use it this one time...

I know this is a very 'noob' question... But I have never used any spreadsheet programs before, so I just want something really simple...

Any suggestions please?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I was going to suggest OpenOffice but you may want to consider Google Docs. It's free and you don't have to install anything.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 1TB HDD - iPod Touch 4G
OK thanks. I'll take a look at google docs...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.