failure during iTunes update.

Reaction score
Hi Folks!

New Kid...

Just got my first Mac, trying to download an update for iTunes and I get a message that the system can't complete the update because safari is running. I have closed all the open safari windows, is there something akin to the control/alt/delete function that I can use to see what app's are running, or am I missing some fundamental mac concept here.

Thanks for any guidance or advice. I'm sure to be a regular contributor for the first few months

Regards:

Bob P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums.
I am guessing that you have just clicked the red dot and closed the window but not quit the application.
To close Safari (and any Mac applications), you need to click on Safari in the menu bar, and select quit, or click command + Q or right click on Safari in the dock and quit it there.
Any apps that are running will show up in the dock with a little light under them, other than certain application assistants and system altering software which you will see either in the menu bar or >system preferences>accounts>login items. :)

OP
R
Reaction score
DOH!

Thanks 6string... first lesson learned, I see the little "light" under the safari icon and I made it go out...

I'm sure I'll be back with more

BP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.