Activity Monitor Running Near 100%

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25 15inch powerbook
When I go to certain webpages my activity monitor is showing almost 100% of my CPU usage. Is the normal? Is there something I can do to make run better. I don't have many programs running?

U

UncSki1218

Make sure you also dont have any widegets running either. Also make sure you quit the programs not just closed them. You may just need more ram

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Looks like you may need to repair permissions. Do so in the disk utility. Also is your mac really low on hard drive space?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25 15inch powerbook
just repaired my permissions 2 days ago. I also ran the mac janitor. It's only on certain sites that it seems to jam up. ???

Reaction score
Mine does that also, I think it is just normal, everytime I go to newegg.com no matter what browser it seems to hit 100%.

T

Tel

Does it actually slow the computer down at all or does it just report that its at 100%?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2Ghz Intel Core Duo, 2Gb, 250Gb, 10.5.2
mynameis said:
Slows the comp down

I just visited newegg.com and mine does the same thing. But just newegg.com; no other websites do that.

F

falltime

section8joe said:
When I go to certain webpages my activity monitor is showing almost 100% of my CPU usage. Is the normal? Is there something I can do to make run better. I don't have many programs running?

Use Firefox instead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
This doesn't sound like anything to worry about. And it likely has nothing to do with permissions.

You could run the monitor program to see where else your system might be stressing out. For instance are you swapping out memory because you don't have enough.

Some sites have very complicated layouts, not to mention a ton of images to download and scripts. That could be causing the browser to perform more work.

Try different browsers on the same sites to see how they perform.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.