Airport Extreme? Time Capsule? Other router?

Reaction score
Hello,

I am moving from a Fios area to non Fios Comcast in 2 weeks and will have to pick up a new wireless router. I currently have a 4 year old Macbook running Snow Leopard and network it with my Xbox 360 and printer. I am interested in Time Capsule as the new router due to the ability to sync with Time Machine for backups. However, I have read a lot of negative reviews regarding its lifespan. Any thoughts on that?

Secondly, what is the reason for going with a $179 Airport Extreme when other run of the mill wireless routers will do the same job?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Please be sure to search first, you'll find valuable information already on the forum by using our search function:

Mac-Forums.com - Search Forums

The Community Guidelines state:

Post appropriately.
Search first, post things in the right place, use descriptive thread titles, and don't crosspost. Those things will help get you more timely responses and help keep our community nice and tidy.

Thanks for understanding!

OP
Q
Reaction score
I tried searching but didn't come up with anything that competely answered my question. I can go back and try again to see if I can answer these separate questions. I apologize for clogging up the forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.