• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Australian ipad clone released

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 4GB, 1TB HDD, quad-core
Be interesting to see the sales figures of this.

Apple is so respected now that buying anything other than Apple is seen as betrayal or if it doesn't have an apple with a bit mark logo what's the point of having it.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Not the case.
For the fans not buying Apple is almost a hethenist act. But for the Apple haters the Apple is like the devil, something you don't ever want to be near.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Be interesting to see the sales figures of this.

Apple is so respected now that buying anything other than Apple is seen as betrayal or if it doesn't have an apple with a bit mark logo what's the point of having it.

No. No, not really.

I own plenty of non Apple products that rival somewhat similar Apple products that are available.

Reaction score
A few of my friends won an iPad from school contests earlier in the school year (including a recent one)…my school keeps buying them and giving them away on certain occasions. I'm going to wait before getting one. I don't really have the need for one right now anyway.

My Dad bought a Samsung Galaxy tab. His reason for buying it is "I'm not the Apple user in the house- you are." LOL.

Wonder what comes after the tablet in 20-30 years?

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Wonder what comes after the tablet in 20-30 years?

I don't know. But I would put money on it, whatever it is, Apple either will invent it, or take a dodgy version of it and revolutionise it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
whatever it is, Apple either will invent it, or take a dodgy version of it and revolutionise it.

Do you work for the Apple PR devision? haha like it

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.