External monitor questioon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PB G4
Hi,
I sometimes use my powerbook with an external monitor and I close the PB screen. The screen on the powerbook goes to sleep, so when I want to stop using the external monitor, how do I wake the PB screen back up?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Choose Apple Menu> Sleep. when the laptop goes to sleep (external monitor) just open the screen and it will be normal again.

I

iFX

While we are on this subject, why doesn't my SONY 21" screen work with my PB?? everything gets distorted on my PB and nothing shows up on the SONY screen :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
crg23 said:
Hi,
I sometimes use my powerbook with an external monitor and I close the PB screen. The screen on the powerbook goes to sleep, so when I want to stop using the external monitor, how do I wake the PB screen back up?
Thanks
Just open the PowerBook and unplug the monitor cable.

iFX said:
While we are on this subject, why doesn't my SONY 21" screen work with my PB?? everything gets distorted on my PB and nothing shows up on the SONY screen :(
You might be trying to use a resolution or refresh rate that isn't supported. Try playing with the Displays settings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.