word for eMac?

Reaction score
Hi. Apologies if this is in the wrong place. Wasn't sure where to put this question. My kids use an old eMac to go online, etc, but it sure would be helpful if I could find an MS Office suite so they can do homework and so forth. But I haven't yet located MS Office for this old machine. Not sure if it's even out there. Of course, the eMac only has a cd drive.

Any help? Thanks in advance.

C

chas_m

For the record, Microsoft Office has been available for the Mac since before it was available for the PC. Microsoft started off as Mac developers and just branched off with a bunch of half-baked, stolen ideas. :)

I second the suggestion for OpenOffice but older copies of genuine MS Office should be easily obtainable. Office 2001 or Office 2004 should run on your eMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Office 2001 if it is an OS 9 Classic machine, Office v.X is eaqrly OS X1. or X.2, and Office 2004 for Panther and later. They abound on auction sites such as eBay but make sure there is still one unused product key code available.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.