Will video games work on my netbook?

Reaction score
I recently bought a disk drive for my Acer Eee PC with Intel Atom processor. I wanted to buy some games like Orange box to play on it, 1: is windows 7 too new to play a game from like 2000 on? and 2: will my netbook be able to handle the graphics?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Hi sonjeriff, really this should be in the Windows, Classic, Linux, and Other OS section but i'll give you some advice.
As a rule of thumb netbooks shouldn't be used to play games, their graphics output just can't handle anything much above solitaire lol. Older games like point-and-click games should be able to play. You have an option to access applications in "Compatability mode", to do this simply right click the app/ game, click properties, click compatability. In the drop-down menu you have options of different operating systems, I find most older games work under the Windows XP SP2 option. It basically tricks the app into thinking its running on XP Service Pack 2 and shouldn't throw up too many errors if any.

Hope this helps

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Moved thread to appropriate forum. This certainly has nothing to do with web design.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.