Page size

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
The displayed page is too small, so I use command and plus to make the size I want,but when I change page it goes back to small size. How can I keep size I enlarged it to?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which browser are you using? Safari requires resetting the page each time as it will revert to normal viewing. Perhaps annoying but not really that big a deal.

Firefox will keep the page size but has its own peculiarities. You may have to experiment with different browsers. Currently the popular browsers for OS X aside from Safari are: Opera, Chrome, and Firefox. There are others but those are the popular ones.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
page size

I am using Firefox browser OS 10.6.4 Snow Leopard.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you're using Firefox then I don't understand why the page size won't remain the same when you close and open again. It does for me. I'm using Safari right now because it's faster but I'll switch to Firefox and test again.

I'm back again this time using Firefox 3.6.11 and it works as I said. Make sure you setup the font and size you wish from the Firefox preferences.

C

chas_m

In both Safari AND Firefox, setting a default minimum font size in the preferences will "fix" this issue. Sites that deliberately ignore these minimums or are still hard to read because of bad colour choices can still be enlarged by (in Safari) pressing cmd-plus, but that will not "stick" like the minimum font size preference will.

Safari 5 also includes a "Reader" feature which works GREAT for making long articles much easier to read for everyone, not just people with vision issues. I love it for blogs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.