translator for dashboard?

Reaction score
For some reason the default translator never works. I type a word in and nothing happens. Does anyone have the same problem? I'm looking for a good and reliable French-English/English-French translator.

Also, I'm running Snow Leopard on a new MacBook Pro.

C

chas_m

Les travaux de gadget de traduction jaillissent parfaitement. Peut-être vous n'attendez pas assez longtemps lui pour faire sa chose.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Les travaux de gadget de traduction jaillissent parfaitement. Peut-être vous n'attendez pas assez longtemps lui pour faire sa chose.

"Work of gadget of translation spouts out perfectly. Perhaps you long enough do not await him to make its thing" (???)

Personally, I prefer Google's own translate:

Google Translate

"The work of translation gadget spring perfectly. Maybe you do not wait long enough for him to do his thing."

That's not exactly "perfect" either, but at least you can make a gadget out of it, since it's web-based.

OP
G
Reaction score
I shouldn't have to "wait" at all, the dictionary gadget performs the search instantly, as does wordreference.com's translation search engine. Is there not a more competent translation gadget out there?

C

chas_m

Yes; I believe they are referred to as "French people." :)

PS. When I said, "pause" in my post above, I meant "one second."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.