help with grammar proofing and notes?

Reaction score
Hi.

I recently switched from windows to mac and I have some questions pertaining here to.

1. My mac OS X has built in spell and grammar proofing, and I am satisfied with the spelling part, but I feel the grammar part is lacking compared to the one I am used to from word in windows. At the moment I am using mac word '08, and the grammar part is not included in the mac version. The issue is further complicated by the fact that I am Danish, and would therefore need the proofing to also include Danish. Is there anyway to improve the proofing on my mac, as I am going to be doing quite a lot of writing? My old word program was able to detect when I conjugated verbs incorrectly and when I was missing a comma. I miss this, quite a bit.

2. I am also having troubles finding a substitute for onenote, I've tried Curio but it seems to elaborate to suit my simple note needs. I have also tried using the notebook view in word, but it just isn't as good as onenote. If I paste other documents in the notebook view, it alters the layout, and deletes the bullets. It also isn't as good in terms of the labeling in Onenote, which gives a great overview on my notes. Is there an alternative?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
My old word program was able to detect when I conjugated verbs incorrectly and when I was missing a comma. I miss this, quite a bit.
You didn't need that comma. Just send stuff to me, and I'll proof it for you. ;)

I don't know the answers to your Mac questions. Sorry.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Mac Office 2008 includes grammar checking along with spell checking. Both are proofed at the same time if you desire. I know nothing about what would be included in the Danish version but I can assure you that the grammar checker is included with the English version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.