New or used?

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Am considering buying my 1st Mac. Was wondering what everybody thinks about buying a used one (ebay, craigslist, etc.). I don't have a lot of extra cash lying around at the moment, but I am fed up with this Windows machine (Vista - what else do I need to say?) , and would like to try a Mac. I have heard a lot about all the advantages of a Mac vs. Windows machine, & would like to see for myself. I will be looking for a laptop, mostly for web browsing, etc. If I go the used route, what is the best one to look for - Macbook, iBook, Powerbook, others? Processor, OS, any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Scott

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You dont say where you are from, but ill presume the US as your stating craiglist.
You can go that way for a 2nd hand Mac as they can be cheap.

BUT i recommend the Refurb Store as you are getting a newish Mac with quite some $ off. You still get the 1Yr warranty and 90 Phone support as you do with the new Macs bought, but its a refurb.
You wont be able to tell the difference between new or refurb.

Many here can vouch for the refurb store :)

Cheers

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
+1 for using the Apple refurbished store. Stay away from purchasing from eBay if at all possible unless you're a well seasoned eBay buyer or seller. Craig's list is a better choice as you can meet with the seller in person and see first hand what you're buying.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.