Sorry......more questions....

Reaction score
Hello again Mac Folk,

A few questions,
How do i rename the computer......I can reset the password but the name of the mac stays the same..........?
I have a stereo speaker system with a sub woofer.....my powermac is going straight into this via the line out. I have taken the stereo out from my PC & put it into the line in on the powermac.....even though there is volume registering on the bar there is no output from the speakers. any ideas?
I think that i'm missing something really silly.....can't for the life of me see it.

This Mac is a truly wonderful thing....I just need to get used to it/& it to me.

I look forward to anyones nuggets of wisdom with regard to this prob..

Cheers again http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/mac_images/images/smilies/Wink.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Try System Preferences -> Sharing -> At the top you can edit the computer name. I think that is where you can change the name.

I am a little confused about the audio setup. Why is the PC going into the powermac?
Anyway you can check System Preferences -> Sound -> Output and make sure the output is going where you expect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
From Mac Help (Finder > Help > Mac Help):

Renaming your hard disk
Your computer’s internal hard disk is named “Macintosh HD” by default. If you want, you can rename it.

To rename your hard disk:

Click the hard disk icon on your desktop and press Return.

If you don’t see the hard disk icon, choose Finder > Preferences, click General, and select “Hard disks.”

Type a name.

You can use numbers and most symbols. You cannot include a colon :)) or start the name with a period (.).

Press Return.

Changing the name of your hard disk does not change the name of your computer when it appears on a network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.