line 6 toneport and garageband

Reaction score
I'm a bit new to this - imac (intel) and toneport.
Got a cheap toneport on stock clearance, they are no longer made, its from 2006 I think with silver gearworks bundle, to record guitar into garageband.
It's a usb interface with single 1/4" jack input on front, 4 outs: DI, analog 1, analog 2 and headphone out. I am a bit confused as to how to configure the inputs and outputs on the pc, on the toneport and within garageband, since I was expecting guitar to magically play through the imac speakers as soon as it was all connected. (I've gone thru all the s/ware and driver updates).
I can listen on headphones from the back of the toneport, but i can only hear via mac speakers when running garageband and only if I select the correct instrument type and if monitor is on, then i sometimes get feedback issues.
How should I be configuring the audio in and out for this setup?

OP
F
Reaction score
*update* using the toneport configured as audio input and output within Garageband, then listening thru the headphones attached to the toneport seems to work well, so I guess its maybe best not to try use the computer as the monitor for recording or playback.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.