• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

.DMG to CD

R

Racing666

how can i take a mounted DMG image and burn it direct to a cd without copying and pasting or dragging them all to the cd? i tried doing the burn mac volume in toast 6, and selected the mounted dmg, but when it finished burning and i tried booting to it by holding C, it gave me a Kernel Panic...is there any other way to burn the dmg direct to the cd? im trying to do this because i tried to install panther on a second B&W, and the cd drive failed and dropped my disc down onto the tray spinning and trashed it. so im trying to do one that i downloaded but thats what i get..

Dennis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
i think that your going to have to copy all the dmg into a folder and then burn it onto a disk.

why would that be a problem anyway?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Also, you wouldn't be able to boot from it. If it is not a bootable image.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Use the disk utility

OP
R

Racing666

says its a bootable image, but when i burn it to cd, it doesnt work.. i think i give up trying..making too many coasters. guess im just gonna have to bite the bullet and reorder the Panther cd set for $54 from Other World Computing..this sucks..not even 2 weeks old and a ruined disk..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
If the DMG contains a bootable image, burn it with DiskUtility. Toast is not able to burn bootable disks from an image.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Call Apple and see if they can send you a replacement copy of your original system disk if you quote them the serial number...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.