Port mapping Airport Extreme - I tried everything!

Reaction score
Hello,

I've tried all the tutorials and nothing seems to open up my ports. Basically what I've read makes sense and in theory, should work. In system preferences, i set it to DHCP with manual address and gave myself one outside of my DHCP range ( later tried inside the range ). Then in airport I simply port mapped according to that private IP address but no matter which ports I choose to map, none of them actually open ( as I see with a scanner ). The only thing I DID notice was that Open Port Check Tool showed that my open ports: CONNECTION REFUSED, instead of no route to host as it did before opening some of my ports. All other sites says they are blocked though... I really need help this is so freaking annoying. BTW I have dynamic IP ( as you know ).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
What port are you trying to map? By setting up a port map on your Airport Extreme you are just forwarding a port to a set IP address on your network. The IP address needs to have a program running and listening on that port so you can do something. Connection Refused sounds like it is getting routed but the computer at that IP address doesn't allow the connection.

OP
J
Reaction score
Yes, I probably just need to run a program listening on that port :) I'll try tonight ! Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.