Classic OS 9.2 - Hide Icons

Reaction score
I am trying to find if there is a way to hide the harddrive and the cd-rom drive when they pop up? I have a preschool and the kids keep asking if they can play the demos on the cd-rom but I don't want them to play them. Is there a program that can be installed or an existing feature in Classic 9 that I am unaware of? I know that it is really easy to do in OS X but I don't know how to do it in Classic.

Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.42 mhz processor 1 gb ram, G4 Processor, 60 GB hard drive running tiger, iPod Nano G5, iPod 2&5 G
Hey... I'm sorry to tell you that there isnt a way to do that however you can drag those icons to the verybottom and hide them the best you can... thats really all.

OP
J
Reaction score
No Software

No one ever created some sort of program that hides them in classic? Anything would be helpful

Reaction score
You create a black jpeg like 70 pexels and replace the icon photo. Put the black square in the clip board. Highlite the HD icon open. In the OS9 file menu under get info you will see the icon in the top window. Click on it... pull down edit and paste. Black square is now the icon. Dont know if this works in classic with a OSX desktop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.