Problem with Mac & Photoshop

Reaction score
Hi there,

Today I received my Adobe Master Collection CS5, legally.
I installed it, and everything went fine, I only have one problem:
I can't find the Photoshop CS5 icon (the icon which you start the program with) anywhere. I searched in the applications folder, I searched with finder, but found nothing.
I re-installed it about 5 times, and restarted my macbook (pro).

Can anyone help me, because I really need photoshop!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4Gb RAM, 640Gb HD, 8Gb iPod (thanks son!)
Hi there,

Today I received my Adobe Master Collection CS5, legally.
I installed it, and everything went fine, I only have one problem:
I can't find the Photoshop CS5 icon (the icon which you start the program with) anywhere. I searched in the applications folder, I searched with finder, but found nothing.
I re-installed it about 5 times, and restarted my macbook (pro).

Can anyone help me, because I really need photoshop!

Open Applications - double click Adobe Photoshop CS5 - then double click Photoshop CS5 icon in the upper left. I parked mine on the Dock.

OP
C
Reaction score
Open Applications - double click Adobe Photoshop CS5 - then double click Photoshop CS5 icon in the upper left. I parked mine on the Dock.

The problem is that there's no icon... Can't find it anywhere.
The installation cd said all the programs were installed, but the icon of photoshop can't be found anywhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
The problem is that there's no icon... Can't find it anywhere.
The installation cd said all the programs were installed, but the icon of photoshop can't be found anywhere.

Forget the icon for a moment - is the program listed in the Applications folder. If so open it, the icon will appear in the dock. RIght click the icon while program running and select Keep in Dock. If program is not there try searching for it.

One query - It IS the mac version you installed isn't it? (Not that the Windows one would have made any pretence at installing)

OP
C
Reaction score
Forget the icon for a moment - is the program listed in the Applications folder. If so open it, the icon will appear in the dock. RIght click the icon while program running and select Keep in Dock. If program is not there try searching for it.

One query - It IS the mac version you installed isn't it? (Not that the Windows one would have made any pretence at installing)

Yes, I have the mac-version installed. Indesign etc run perfectly, only photoshop isn't.
Wel, the folder is listed in the applications folder. (like all the other programs from adobe) If I open the folder of photoshop, there isn't anywhere a thingy I can click on to open the program. If I double click on a psd file, it opens in Illustrator..

It isn't the problem I can't place the icon in my dock, know how to do that. The problem is that there isn't a icon for photoshop (the thing you click on to run the program?) anywhere. I had my teacher look at it today, but he didn't find it either. Spotlight can't find it either...

Reaction score
Hi, rather than look at the folder contents in Icon view, try looking at them in List view.
the Icon may be hiding behind a folder icon.
alternatively press Control-apple-1. to re organize the icons within that folder.
Regards, Sandy

Reaction score
Hi, rather than look at the folder contents in Icon view, try looking at them in List view.
the Icon may be hiding behind a folder icon.
alternatively press Control-apple-1. to re organize the icons within that folder.
Regards, Sandy

HI. Nurgle.
I can icon may be hiding behind a f icon

C

chas_m

The poster has already stated that if he double-clicks on a PSD file, Illustrator opens.

That would indicate that indeed, Photoshop (the app) IS NOT INSTALLED. The OP is not crazy. :)

He should try doing a custom install of JUST photoshop, or better yet an UNinstall of Photoshop and THEN a custom install of Photoshop, but if that doesn't work I'd say a phone call to Adobe is in order.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini
You need to contact Adobe. It has not installed properly. Chas is right if a PSD file opens in Illustrator the CSS is NOT present unless you have told the system that default opening of PSD files is to use Illustrator. If you control click a PSD file does it give you the option to open in CSS? If not it's not present.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.