Network Switch's for Mac

Reaction score
I have a Mac 10 OSx 10.5.2 and currently have an apple airport for my router. I recently bought a sonos music system and it requires an ethernet connection. Since the router has only one connection and I use that one, I am looking into buying a network switch ( ZONET 8 Port 10/100 SWITCH). Does anyone have any experience with using switch's with Mac's. Do they usually work seamlessly? I am new to the Mac world so any input is appreciated. Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Any Ethernet switch will work just fine with the Mac's and Sonos. So you have an AirPort Express then? You could sell it and buy an Extreme or any wireless router with a built in switch. Doesn't your cable or DSL connection go into the Express? I have the Sonos as well. GREAT product.

OP
D
Reaction score
Yes I am going to have to sell the airport express and buy the extreme. My cable/dsl modem does go into the router. I need a router with more ethernet ports... correct?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Correct. Extreme or any other router will work fine. The Extreme is a great device, but it is a bit spendy and tends to be overkill if you do not use the additional functionality (printing, AirTunes, etc.).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.