2 questions from a Mac newbie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac duce core and a 15" I7 MBP
Hi all, Newbie here. I just got my my 1st imac and just ordered a MBP for the wife. I have a couple questions. The first is about the included mail program. How do you set up your mail so that the receiver of mail can acknowledge receipt of the said mail? Also under file sharing can you remote into and work off of another computer? An example would be if I only have office on one machine can I remote in to that one and use word, excel or any other program? Thanks, TC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Pretty advanced entering into Terminal and using sudo code, however there is how you do it:-

How to Request Read Receipts in Mac OS X Mail - About Email

Receipt Required is pretty old hat now and most folk will just ignore the request when one considers the amount of email most of us get daily. Remote will work, however if you purchase Office 2011, you may well get three key codes as was the go with 2008 Home and Student Office.

C

chas_m

As I said in another post regarding this topic: emails that come with a "read receipt" get trashed immediately and are neither read nor replied to. I do not appreciate someone attempting to force me to answer their email on their schedule.

*I* will decide *if* and *when* I will read your email, and *if* I will reply to it. That's my feeling on the topic, and why I'm delighted that Mail does not natively support receipts. The days when we weren't sure others had gotten our email ended at least 10 years ago.

OP
iMacaroni2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac duce core and a 15" I7 MBP
Thanks all, My wife is in school and wanted the receipt acknowledgement because one of her professors does not respond to emails and then says she did not receive it/them. If there is an acknowledge button then maybe she would acknowledge that she got it. I purchased office 08 for $10 through a program at work and it is one copy only and was hoping to remote in. Thanks, TC

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.