Printing 30x36" onto 8x10 sheets.....HOW?

Reaction score
I need to print a large graphic on my regular printer, but I need it to be spread out to a 30x36 size. It's a simple graphic for a quilt project. I'll be using it to make a template for the quilt. It's for charity.

I had an old Windows program which did this beautifully back in the day, but I tried it in VMFusion today and it would only print the hash marks.

Can anyone tell me a program which will do this?????? Free is best, since it's a one-time thing, but I'm willing to spend a little money to get it if I have to.

This is the graphic (just the center blue part, not the red banner on top and bottom):
raiderpatch3.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
what you want to do is called "tiling". i believe Adobe Acrobat Reader (free download) can do that (at least the professional version can). you can get that here

just open your graphic and go to FILE>PRINT. there should be an option for "page scaling". click on the drop down and choose "Tile Large Pages".

it should print the entire graphic on a series of 8.5 x 11 pages that you can then tape together.

hope this helps at all.

OP
Arielluria
Reaction score
Bumping this because I still need it and the tiling is only available on the purchased version of Adobe.......I have tried other programs which I have unsuccessfully.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.