Mac-friendly or favorite CMS's?

Reaction score
Hello fellow Mac users,

What are the most Mac-friendly open source content management systems (CMS) these days? Or, which ones seem to be the most popular among Mac users? Or at least, which ones are the most troublesome and should be avoided for Mac users?

I heard a rumor that Microsoft is looking to buy the parent company of WordPress. And I've heard that some of the Joomla! developers are Mac users. But wondering about all the others out there too, especially the newer up-and-coming CMS's and wondering what peoples' experiences have been especially if you have compared them...

I'm looking for one for a small business ecommerce site that is scalable and as future-proof as possible or that looks like it has a bright future and works well with MAMP Pro and my Mac.

Thanks!
Jeff

C

chas_m

Regarding the Wordpress rumour, the software has been passed onto the Wordpress foundation so I don't think there's much to that rumour.

OP
J
Reaction score
Regarding the Wordpress rumour, the software has been passed onto the Wordpress foundation so I don't think there's much to that rumour.

Oh, good thing for the future of Wordpress...thanks for that.

But I've decided to go with Joomla!

Reaction score
well, I also don't think there is an easy why to get commercial control over wordpress.

To your question about CMS...
Typo3 is definitely powerful but has a complexity outside of anything simple. I won't use it for small and middle projects.

joomla is a nice choose. take a look at free-templates! check "templatemoster.com"

"flash-blogs" (it is not open source!) is a great way to edit your flash sites.

Reaction score
Magento ) the most powerful e-commerce CMS I've ever seen. It's complicated though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it
Wordpress is pretty good. All depends on your exact needs and what the site is for. I would say Drupal is best.

Reaction score
I would recommend WordPress. Though not open source, RapidWeaver is also a good CMS, although it is offline and produces mostly static HTML files. But still worth looking into if you are looking for a solution that is Mac friendly and won't take a long time to configure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.