Pooled devices in work

Reaction score
Hi All,

We have around 20 pooled iPads in work which are loaned out. We are having issues with apps control where we want to be able to load new apps to any device without losing what is already on the machine.

I had identified this as an issue when it was decided that the devices needed to be pooled.

So, the question is; Can we have a pool of loan iPads and set them/iTunes up so that each new device can be connected to one Mac and have all its apps controlled from that Mac without risk of losing the iPad's current apps each time you try to add a new one from that Mac. Or, is the other solution (my prefered one) to distribute the Macs to dept. heads and have them control their own iPad and what is on it?

Many thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In my opinion, your preferred solution of distributing a Mac to department heads and have them control what's on their iPad is best. Trying to pool everything and using one Mac would wind up being a nightmare. Of course before you do that, it's best to establish guidelines on which apps they can load on their iPad. (within reason)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.