fileshare powerbook 280c to win xp machine

J

jonnick

Hey,
I am trying to connect my powerbook 280c machine to my Windows XP machine (or to a hub so my XP machine can see it) using Appletalk for filesharing. The powerbook does not have an ethernet card, only a modem. I have not done this in a long time so dont laugh. :)

What is the best way to file share between these 2 machines?

I suppose I could create an RJ-11 to RJ-45 cable but I could not find anywhere on the net about the correct wiring between the two.

thanks for the help,
jon

OP
U

unl33t

jonnick said:
Hey,
I am trying to connect my powerbook 280c machine to my Windows XP machine (or to a hub so my XP machine can see it) using Appletalk for filesharing. The powerbook does not have an ethernet card, only a modem. I have not done this in a long time so dont laugh. :)

What is the best way to file share between these 2 machines?

I suppose I could create an RJ-11 to RJ-45 cable but I could not find anywhere on the net about the correct wiring between the two.

thanks for the help,
jon

without a network connection i think you'll be hard pressed to find and easy solution.
direct serial connection might work (does for win to win boxes, its a pain to set up though)
usb direct connect maybe?
can't think of anything else at the moment, time for me to go to bed.

OP
R

Ramben

get a Ethernet Card then it works really fine.... just connect with samba (?) apple button+K in the finder and then you see sour machines in network... it works really fine....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.