Garageband is not indexing loops in browser

S

Sally1

Garageband is not indexing all of my loops in the browser. As I click on the loop categories (drums, guitar etc...) only a few of them are revealed (highlighted in bold), and the sample of instruments revealed is far from complete--only a few instruments in a few categories appears. Clicking on reset, clicking categories on/off doesn't work.

I turned off the extra filtering option in preferences (Keyword Browsing) and hit reset. It highlighted all loop categories, and still nothing comes up. I imported some Soundtrack loop folders, and it appeared to import into the browser and index, but nothing. When I use a standard key and tempo to create a new song, at least half of the loops still don't appear, (drums and percussion for instance). There seems to be a problem with linking here. Any suggestions?

S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What key and/or tempo are you writing your new song in? If a particular loop doesn't fit with they key you are composing in or the time signature you are composing in, it will not appear in the loop browser for that song.

One way around this (if you know the exact loop you are looking for) is to open a new song where you know the loop will appear. Drag the loop to a new track, and then copy it. Now close out this song and go back to the one that you want to use the loop in. Create a new track in this song and paste the loop. It will adjust the loop's key and tempo to fit your new song. I have had to do this in the past, and yes it is a PITA to do this. Unless someone has a better solution, this is the only workaround I know of.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.