Photoshop CS3 and OSX 10.5.8 compatibility

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (retina 5K), 27" 2019
I have a MacBook Pro which runs OSX 10.5.8. I also have a Mac pro which runs OSX 10.4. I use it for design using Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop, etc. I have tried to load Photoshop CS3 onto the MBP but it will not accept it, despite several attempts. Can anyone shed any light on why this might be happening and …how I might fix it. Is there a compatibility issue? It is a real pain to have to use the Monster every time I want to do any image work.
Thanks

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Need more info than what operating system. Such as what kind of errors you are getting that is preventing you from installing.

Not sure why you can't install CS3 because I have CS3, CS4 and CS5 installed on a late 2008 MacBook and it runs just fine. CS3 and CS4 were installed on Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.8. CS5 was installed on Snow Leopard 10.6.2. Currently running 10.6.3 right now. Too lazy to update to 10.6.4 >_>"

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (retina 5K), 27" 2019
Hi thanks for the response. I put in the InDesign install disc and click set up, it then asks me which items I want. I select Photoshop and then the install wizard starts the install process. After about a minute, The disc is spat out of the machine and it tells me I now need to install the Adobe CS4 Master Collection to continue installation. At this point I have to cancel and then the install process is cancelled. I can't progress any further. I bought the MBP second hand and it had a whole pile of Adobe trial products ready to be tried. I went through the utilities folder and uninstalled/deleted every file I could find that related to these products. After having tried to install Photoshop the first time I wondered if these might be the culprit but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. I am foxed

C

chas_m

Photoshop CS3 runs fine on my 10.6.4 install. I can't help but think that the problem is that you have one disk of the Adobe Master collection and not the whole set, which would indicate something about its origin and genuine-ness.

Have you tried calling Adobe to see what the issue could be?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you did not use the packaged uninstaller when you removed the trial, would suggest you download it again, install it, then use the uninstaller.

If that doesn't work, it's probably time to try the Adobe forums.

Reaction score
I can not install Photoshop CS3 . How i could install it???

photo shop CS3 is very useful. It is also user friendly.

OSX is very useful. It is also user friendly.

I m now using the photo shop CS3. It is very user friendly!!!!

We can do a lot of works by using photoshop CS3. This software is really very useful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.