Is Apple becoming delusional?

Reaction score
Does Apple think that everybody will sync their iPad/ iPhone EVERY DAY? I say this because all of the iWork apps won't export files via document sharing. If I want to print, the only way i can do it is by emailing the file to myself and then opening that up in my printing app, or by syncing back and forth with iTunes, which i would rather not do. I thought the iPad was about speed and convenience, not about being chained to iTunes. Luckily there are third party developers who encourage using services other than mobile me, iWork, and iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8ghz G5 5.5gb RAM
1- You have to charge it, syncing at the same time is SO not a big deal. I don't understand all the fuss about having to sync. The finder is software just like iTunes is software. iTunes is what the iOS devices use instead of the finder so what?

2- Drop box if the above is that big of a deal

OP
J
Reaction score
My Mac doesn't support iPad charging, and many people who have laptops don't want all their power drained by it.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Why would you Mac not support iPad charging and the amount of power taken away from your notebook is pretty minimal..

If you WANT to make excuses to justify your point of view..go ahead by all means..

Regards

OP
J
Reaction score
A lot of people who don't have brand new macs can't charge from their computer.

And even those that do can appreciate that transferring docs from one app to another on the iPad itself is a whole lot easier. Apple just hasn't recognized this yet.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I hear that Printing from the iPad is coming in the next version of iOS.

What model is your Mac? I know my iBook will charge my iPhone and it's a pretty old Mac Notebook.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
OP
J
Reaction score
I have a late 2006 iMac. Doesn't charge the iPad, and doesn't recognize the apple aluminum keyboard upon startup, so I can't do boot commands.

C

chas_m

I don't mean to be unfriendly, but this has to be the whiniest post I've seen here in quite some time. I'm totally with Fodge on this one.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
AirPrint is designed to support a wide range of printers from entry level inkjet printers to office laser printers. Additionally, iOS 4.2 devices can print to printers shared through a Mac® or a PC. iOS 4.2 compatible HP printers this fall include the HP Photosmart, Officejet, Officejet Pro and LaserJet Pro series ePrint enabled printers.

It looks like they're saying that you can print to a wireless network not just to HP ePrinters. Am I reading that wrong? Or are they saying the printer has to be iOS 4.2 compatible?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
HP’s existing and upcoming ePrint enabled printers will be the first to support printing direct from iOS devices.
To me, that makes it sound as if the HP printers listed will be the first printers supported (I don't know if that's officially though).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 Macbook Pro 13" 2.26Ghz C2D; 8Gb; 500Gb 7200; Nvidia 9400M, Apple TV 160 GB, iPod Nano, i
To me, that makes it sound as if the HP printers listed will be the first printers supported (I don't know if that's officially though).

“iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users can simply tap to print their documents or photos wirelessly to an HP ePrint printer or to a printer shared on a Mac or PC.” I would take that to mean any shared printer or HP ePrint printer (might not need to network the ePrint printer like with shared printers). I'm a little confused. I'm sure there are apps for iPhone that allow you to print to Kodak and HP printers already. May only be limited to photo's though.

As to the OP, a little research would show that the iPad has no USB ports and therefore would need to be synced to print things off. If you are truly unhappy with the product I'm sure you will be able to sell it pretty fast (there are plenty of people who appreciate the iPad) and buy yourself a netbook. Perhaps a little off topic here but whats so wrong with iTunes?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.