Appleworks not working . . .

M

Mighty_nut

Hi,

Does anyone know why Appleworks would suddenly stop working - as in it just won't start up. The icon just bounces a few times and then disappears. I have no idea why it suddenly started doing this but I really need to get it to work again. Does anyone have any suggestions? My OS is Jaguar - if that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Have you tried repairing permissions?
Go to Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility

Choose "Repair Permissions" when your HD is selected on the left.

This is always a good thing to do when things get a little screwy, :black:

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
You might want to try deleting the the AppleWorks preference folder. Go to: /user/Library/Preferences/AppleWorks. Delete the AppleWorks folder, and the app should just create the folder again, if it launches successfully.

OP
C

catchawave

I'm going to butt in here and ask a question of my own... sorry, this doesn't pertain to your Appleworks problem.
I have Appleworks on my eMac and would like to get it on my Lombard laptop. But I'm too cheap right now to buy Appleworks for the Lombard. Is it possible for me to burn it onto a cd off my emac and then transfer it from that onto my Lombard??

OP
S

supremeoverlord

yes, this program works off a copy. I have done it myself to see if I could. Well that was with the same OS it might be different if the Lombard is running something else

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
catchawave said:
I'm going to butt in here and ask a question of my own... sorry, this doesn't pertain to your Appleworks problem.
I have Appleworks on my eMac and would like to get it on my Lombard laptop. But I'm too cheap right now to buy Appleworks for the Lombard. Is it possible for me to burn it onto a cd off my emac and then transfer it from that onto my Lombard??

Technically, yes it would work. It is however illegal and a major violation of the EULA.

OP
M

Mighty_nut

Nope, still didn't work. I probably need to install it again . . . only the person I bought the laptop from (off eBay) didn't give me any of the discs.

If there're no other ways to get appleworks to work then where's the cheapest place to buy it from?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Mighty_nut said:
Nope, still didn't work. I probably need to install it again . . . only the person I bought the laptop from (off eBay) didn't give me any of the discs.

If there're no other ways to get appleworks to work then where's the cheapest place to buy it from?

Well, the cheapest place would probably be eBay again. Either eBay or some of the other auction sites.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.