Airport Extreme drops device connections

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My wife and I went out last night and bought iPhones! Well we got home and connected to our airport and for some reason it keeps dropping the connection on the phones. Currently we only have an imac, macbook pro, 2 iphones and a printer setup on the airport. Is there something I can do to prevent this? A lot of times when I try to connect the iphone it says unable to join. There is a pass setup and we are the only ones who have it.

Thanks ahead of time.
dustin

OP
E
Reaction score
Well I am connected to the router, but the internet doesn't work. Sorry should have specified.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Well I am connected to the router, but the internet doesn't work. Sorry should have specified.

OK, you said it was dropping the connection, which would imply that it was connected at some point. Can you please clarify exactly what the problem is?

OP
E
Reaction score
Sorry about that. I didn't mean to be vague. Well it shows the wireless connection at full strength, but i can't get on the internet. I read somewhere to click the little blue arrow next to the network name and erase the dns numbers and try again. it works every now and then, but after a few min or whenever I come back to the iphone it says server cannot be found.

Hope that helps. I appreciate your time.
dustin

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry about that. I didn't mean to be vague. Well it shows the wireless connection at full strength, but i can't get on the internet. I read somewhere to click the little blue arrow next to the network name and erase the dns numbers and try again. it works every now and then, but after a few min or whenever I come back to the iphone it says server cannot be found.

Hope that helps. I appreciate your time.
dustin

Which type of wireless security is your AirPort set up to use?

OP
E
Reaction score
it is wap now. I can connect, but it is super slow and will still periodically not allow me to have internet.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I don't think you have a security issue. WPA2 should be fine.

No issues with speed on the laptops? It's just the iPhones?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.