Configuring Modem Ports - Virgin 50MB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Hi guys. For once I'm a bit stumped.
I have just had an upgrade to Virgin's 50MB service in the UK, and they supplied a new modem, to which my iMac is connected via Ethernet.
Now the issue I am having is that any port I choose for Vuze seems to be blocked, so I don't get the connections I should (yellow faces instead of green).
Does anyone know if it's possible to configure these modems? I have the access url (198. etc) but it all seems to be locked in, set in stone.
I do have a Dlink router connected to the modem too, but that doesn't affect the iMac.
Running Snow Leopard and the modem is unbranded (typically).
I was wondering if the way the Dlink is connected makes a difference.
Any thoughts? Thanks.

OP
Kevriano
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Nope, checked out in Vuze's tests to say not, but will look into it a little more, thanks. I do use RC4 already though.
Any more thoughts?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.