Company Logo Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first post and I am a complete newbie.

I picked up my MacBook Pro 13" on Tuesday (my first ever Mac) and am going to use it primarily to design websites for friends and family, would also like to get into Objective C (but at a much later date)

iWeb is great for the moment and am enjoying it immensely.

Now my question?

I want to design a company logo. The company name is "edge2edge flooring" and i was thinking of using a logo with some sort of flooring product at top centre with the name below on 2 lines. I would like the 2nd "edge" to be mirrored.

What program am I best using for this?

Preferably a free one or trial for the moment as I may be absolute rubbish and don't want to waste my money.

Remember I am a complete novice but am willing to learn

Any help appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Inkscape is a god open source drawing app, kind of like Adobe Illustrator, but free

Inkscape. Draw Freely.

C

chas_m

The free trial o' PixelmatARRR or Photoshop Elements might also be ideal fer this. Pages (part o' iWork, again free trial available) can do this very easily as well, has bc templates all ready t' go an' does reflections, shadows an' other effects on imported ARRRRtwork very elegantly.

But basically, fer business card logos, I like Business Card Composer from BeLight best. If ye`re nay goin' t' buy iWork, this be treasure well spent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5, ibook, ipod
Vector

I speak to you as a printer / graphic designer - the best format for logos is any program that is vector based. Logos should be able to blown up if need be. Anything created as an image only will have trouble being used for many functions. Just something to think about. Of course I'm going to tell you Illustrator is the best program for this but I understand it is expensive, BUT my coworker just told me that Adobe is offering something new now where you can RENT the program! Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
I speak to you as a printer / graphic designer - the best format for logos is any program that is vector based. Logos should be able to blown up if need be. Anything created as an image only will have trouble being used for many functions. Just something to think about. Of course I'm going to tell you Illustrator is the best program for this but I understand it is expensive, BUT my coworker just told me that Adobe is offering something new now where you can RENT the program! Good luck!

Agreed! Vector is the way to go. If you can't afford Illustrator check out the previously mentioned Inkscape.

And yes, Adobe offers subscription based use of their programs - the studio I work for operates like this and we actually do a lot of work for Adobe. Subscriptions are great because you upgrade as soon as the new programs come out with no extra cost. Downside is you can end up paying more if you do it for years on end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.