HELP - can't download server

C

catchawave

HELP - can't download browser

What do I need to download a server like Firefox. I'm on my new Lombard that i just got and apparently, it came with very little as far as software.
Do I need stuffit or what??

OP
J

jeXus

catchawave said:
What do I need to download a server like Firefox. I'm on my new Lombard that i just got and apparently, it came with very little as far as software.
Do I need stuffit or what??

What do you mean server? Firefox is a browser. Is that what you meant? If so and you need to extract a .SIT or .SITX then yea you need to get stuffit in order to extract the file you need to install Firefox.

OP
C

catchawave

That's what I meant - browser. My mind was elsewhere. I'll see if I can't go and change that title.
I downloaded stuffit and it still says, "Explorer cannot open this." I think I just extracted .SIT off stuffit. I'll try again and see what happens.

OP
C

catchawave

Didn't work. I'm doing something wrong. It's trying to open in Quicktime. When I download the Firefox, it's not downloading the installer. What do I do now?
This is getting frustrating.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.33GHz G4 14", 60GB, 768MB RAM, Airport, Bluetooth, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
catchawave said:
That's what I meant - browser. My mind was elsewhere. I'll see if I can't go and change that title.
I downloaded stuffit and it still says, "Explorer cannot open this." I think I just extracted .SIT off stuffit. I'll try again and see what happens.

Explorer cannot open it? OS X doesn't have explorer... :eek:
It sort of sounds like you're trying to install the Mac version of Firefox onto your Windows PC heheh. :biohazard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
vr04 said:
Explorer cannot open it? OS X doesn't have explorer... :eek:
It sort of sounds like you're trying to install the Mac version of Firefox onto your Windows PC heheh. :biohazard

OS X does have IE 5.x for Mac included with it. :black:

OP
C

catchawave

Yes OS X does have IE - it came with it. I finally ended up downloading the 1.0.1 version til I can upgrade the memory. That might have been the problem. Once I get more memory then I'll upgrade the browser.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.33GHz G4 14", 60GB, 768MB RAM, Airport, Bluetooth, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
I thought he meant explorer, as in the operating system gui. =/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.