The good ol Mac vs PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Finally, finally, finally.................... I got myself a Mac... Not today, but about almost a year ago, and let me tell you, am I glad I did. When I first got it, yes, there was a bit of a learning curve, obviously because it doesn't function exactly like a PC.

But would I go back to getting a PC? The answer is no. I don't want to drag this on, so let me give you a comparison in a few short words between a PC and Mac... PC's are clunky... period.... Mac's are much much "smoother."

Do yourselves a favor, and if you don't want to listen to me, talk to someone you do know that has a Mac... but the next computer you get, make it a Mac and not a PC... :) Peace.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Glad your happy with your Mac.

In the end though.. computers, and their OS'es are simply tools. Windows, OSX, Linux, etc, etc. All serve a purpose and have their pro's and con's.

That being said.. There is no way I'm switching from OSX anytime soon... :) :D

Reaction score
Nice post, but it's probably more appropriate in the "switcher hangout" section I would think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Or closed to prevent flame wars even better!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Moved to Switchers Hangout which is the proper place for a thread like this.

As long as it does not get out of hand, it will remain open.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You're wrong! Everyone is wrong and I'm right! Argh! :p

You could always say Linux is the best and get both the Windows and OSX people all fighting with you! :D Grin

Joke BTW!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
You could always say Linux is the best and get both the Windows and OSX people all fighting with you! :D Grin

Joke BTW!

I smell a "Battle Royal" brewing!;)

rumble-rr91.jpg

- Nick

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Mac's are much much "smoother."

I never thought I would totally agree with this statement...but fact is I do, and I've only had my MacBook for about a week now. To me it didn't feel like the learning curve was huge and I'm already starting to get used to it, although I don't know all the ins and outs just yet.

With that said I can't agree that I will never build another Window's PC. Yes, I love video games a lot. Outside of playing PC games, my new MacBook is my computer of choice and I have a feeling it will remain that way.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)

Joke BTW!
But Linux is the best ;). It's fun playing devil's advocate.

I smell a "Battle Royal" brewing!;)
That's okay as long as no one wears spandex. lol.

Reaction score

Joke BTW!

Hahaha!

I virtualize Linux! Hahaha!

No really I do. Just not Windows.
;P

Reaction score
Finally, finally, finally.................... I got myself a Mac... Not today, but about almost a year ago, and let me tell you, am I glad I did. When I first got it, yes, there was a bit of a learning curve, obviously because it doesn't function exactly like a PC.

But would I go back to getting a PC? The answer is no. I don't want to drag this on, so let me give you a comparison in a few short words between a PC and Mac... PC's are clunky... period.... Mac's are much much "smoother."

Do yourselves a favor, and if you don't want to listen to me, talk to someone you do know that has a Mac... but the next computer you get, make it a Mac and not a PC... :) Peace.

Yawn.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Nice cross. -_-

Only joking of course.

Cheers ... McBie

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4ghz quad core ati 5850 graphics card 4GB ddr3 ram
Mac- smooth, sleek, high quality, and easy to use, but is very high in price, and very low in user freedoms and customization.
pc- so many options, so much customization, great prices, and so much control, the only limitations are your own resources. issues with malware, and hardware drivers.

fair review :$

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PC here, (personal computer) and there is no comparison, none at all.

Theres no point going into the mac side, because there is no contest. The only brag the mac can have is that its smooth, but then again, its not hard to develop good drivers for hardware when you have barely any hardware choices to begin with.
If you want a computer that costs an insanely amount of money for bad hardware, looks the exact same as every other computer, and is something your basically renting from apple, considering how little you can actually do with it.
All in all, the real irony comes from the UNIX os.
the OS that is behind the open source, free to use Linux is also behind the closed source, no freedom apple.

Then can I ask a question? Why are you here? You seem to hate Macs and OSX and feel they are a rip off and almost worthless. So why come to a Mac forum and post negative posts about what this forum is here for?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Theres no point going into the mac side, because there is no contest. The only brag the mac can have is that its smooth, but then again, its not hard to develop good drivers for hardware when you have barely any hardware choices to begin with.
If you want a computer that costs an insanely amount of money for bad hardware, looks the exact same as every other computer, and is something your basically renting from apple, considering how little you can actually do with it.
All in all, the real irony comes from the UNIX os.
the OS that is behind the open source, free to use Linux is also behind the closed source, no freedom apple.

See this is the sort of post that starts the thread into the wrong direction!:(

- Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.