need help with xp to ibook (one post only)

Reaction score
I need to use remote desktop for mac to access windows server, how can I make the screen be full screen? It is possible, but I've heard it's tough.

My mac windows media player won't play my mlb.com baseball game, did a firewall block the feed? How do I turn it off?

Does openoffice open actual MS excel sheets or word docs?

Does anyone make a email software program that can import outlook pst files?

And finally, when trying to add a printer (HP 6100 USB) from my wife's pc (xp shared out) to my mac via the MS network the installation of the Hp software only allows me to install a USB or IP address connection, no one through a windows network. I can see the printer and select it, but it needs a driver or something because it only prints blank docs. Any ideas?

Thanks for any input.

- Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
Open office opens excel sheets as far as i know.

There is GIMP PRINT for windows network printing, however ill admit ive never once gotten it to work.

firewall MIGHT have blocked the feed, but i doubt it. how to turn it off, check your DSL/Router firewall prefs. Otherwisse it might just require a codec that your mac-windows media player doesnt have yt. does mlb.com allow realplayer? that works nicely

Reaction score
I hate gimp print, I've never gotten gimp print to work on newer drivers and as far as I know they haven't updated for awhile. The best method that was suggested to me is either buy an airport and use the USB print server on it, as apprently the mac will treat it like a USB connection (not sure how it works) or setup a postscript emulator on the PC serving the printer. I haven't done either, but beings I'm printing just black and white docs from my ibook, I just use a crappy gimp driver that barely works. (I have to print each doc atleast 3 times before I get the settings right to make it the right size and atleast dark enough to not look grey.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.