Where to buy Photoshop & Lightroom?

Reaction score
I need to purchase Photoshop CS4 and Lightroom 3. On Adobe's site I only see an upgrade download for CS4, everything else is CS5. Also, there are sooo many sites that (claim to) sell these programs new, some are student/teacher edition. I do have a child in High School, and I am a Boy Scout merit badge counselor (for photography badge). Does any of this qualify me for a student/teacher edition. Where is the best and cheapest reputable place to buy these two programs?? Thanks for your help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you have a son or daughter in school, then yes, you qualify for the educational price. Go to a site (make sure it's legitimate) that specializes in selling educational editions of software and buy from them. You should be able to find CS4 and Lightroom 3.

Try this site.

C

chas_m

Adobe doesn't sell CS4 new anymore. You waited too long. You have to buy CS5, or find a used or never-opened copy of CS4 (good luck).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" Glossy 2.16 gHz/2gig/320g
I agree with using academicsuperstore.com I used them to purchase my copies of CS4 extended and LR2 when I was a college student. Yes, you will qualify with a child in high school, but they have a "tool" that asks you to indicate which school they go to just to verify your eligibility.... not sure if it is real or just a tool to weed out fakes. Anyway, the only thing you have to watch is the licensing of the products you purchase. If you are 100% by the book and want to be legit, you are not supposed to use the student versions if you plan to make a profit or run a business, etc. When I purchased my copies, they offered a full license version for $100 more than the student version ( $299 vs $199 ) which I purchased just to keep myself clean in the event the world ended and someone asked me about it....

Reaction score
I agree with using academicsuperstore.com I used them to purchase my copies of CS4 extended and LR2 when I was a college student. Yes, you will qualify with a child in high school, but they have a "tool" that asks you to indicate which school they go to just to verify your eligibility.... not sure if it is real or just a tool to weed out fakes. Anyway, the only thing you have to watch is the licensing of the products you purchase. If you are 100% by the book and want to be legit, you are not supposed to use the student versions if you plan to make a profit or run a business, etc. When I purchased my copies, they offered a full license version for $100 more than the student version ( $299 vs $199 ) which I purchased just to keep myself clean in the event the world ended and someone asked me about it....

Hey, I work with Adobe, and CS5 has a bunch of new features that CS4 doesn’t, and with the student discount you can get up to 80% off the fully-priced product, before you graduate. Also once purchased you can use Adobe CS5 for whatever you want including commercial and business use.

Here are some helpful links:
The Top 10 New Features of Adobe CS5 | Mac|Life
Adobe Student and Teacher Editions

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.