Time Capsule has lost my old backups!

Reaction score
Hi.

I've recently reinstalled OS X 10.5 on my macbook from scratch with the intention of picking and choosing specific folders to bring across from my old OS X backups, stored on my time capsule.

The problem is that when I go into Time Machine the old backups aren't there, they just go as far back as the reinstallation.

I just can't find the old system backup's anywhere, even using the third-party Back-In-Time 2 software.

The two systems do share the same name but I shouldn't image that would have been a problem.

The panic has now set in :\

OP
J
Reaction score
Just to add that my time machine has not yet been filled to capacity so it's not an issue of the old backups being deleted to create more room.

OP
J
Reaction score
Problem Solved!

For anyone else in this situation there's a very simple option, which I think Apple should make far more obvious!

Hold down the 'alt' key whilst clicking on the Time Machine icon in the menu bar.
Still holding down the alt key, click on "Browse other time machine discs".
Select the disc you want to take your backup from.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.