Transferring new PDF's from Ipad to Itunes

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having trouble transferring all my new pdf's from my Ipad to itunes as I regularily download pdf's directly onto my ipad. I don't want to have to email all the files individually, I also haven't kept track of what's new or not. I'm using iBooks <-> Books

1) If I hit sync in Itunes, can it copy only new files from Ipad (ibooks) to itunes (books)? Or do I risk losing files?
2) Is there a way to simply drag and drop all pdfs from my iPad to my OSX desktop?
3) off topic, but is there a way to categorize pdf's in books, so they are organized in ibooks?

I'm hesitant to experiment as I don't want to lose data.

Thank you for any help.
dom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
As I read what you are saying I am totally lost as to why you would want to put PDF files into iTunes. I could be missing something here as I have only been on Mac's since January 2009 and really I am a newbie. Someone may come along and prove me wrong but I dont think it is possible.

The way I would transfer PDF's from an iPad to a Mac would be to create a new folder in Documents (Called PDF Files, or similar) then transfer them to there. To open them I would right-click and choose 'Open with' Preview. HTH.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, and sorry about the lack of clarity.

I "was" using iBooks to manage my pdf's since I often use my iPad to read and make presentations, and with ibooks have to go through iTunes to transfer the PDF's.

I sometimes download pdf's from email directly onto my iPad, as such, that material is not on my desktop /"books" folder in iTunes. I just had a hard time figuring out how to get only the new files From my iPad into my iTunes library or at least into a folder on my desktop. I also had no luck dragging and dropping from iPad-->iBooks--> selected PDF to a folder on my desktop.

Looking back It's still all confusing but I,ve since solved my problems... Deleted iBooks, and now manage all PDFs between ipad and computer using Goodreader! What a great app! I can even upload folders.

Cheers,
Dom

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.