• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The FlatPad A10: A Flawed iPad Competitor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Once again the newshound the8thark is first on the breaking stories. :)

I think Android will end up the on;y Apple competitor, especially as Microsoft is so shamefully behing the race in smartphones and pads.

That said, it looks like the tech industry is so desperate to come out with an iPad killer, that rather than carefully creating a product over time, like Apple's ipad, they are rushing to get anything to market in mere months. I dont expect any decent iPad rivals for a while, but I will be happy to be proved wrong on this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I agree. The Android OS is more than capable. It just needs some polish and a decent platform to ride on. I've read Gingerbread 3.0 will address some of this as well as Chrome OS. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Any competition for whoever is on top of the heap (for now) is a good thing for everyone.

Reaction score
Oh. The FAIL Pad. Yeah…moving on.

:)

Now seriously, all these Android devices…well, I'm not going to say it, because you'll what I'll have to say about Android.

I wonder what WP7 would be like on a tablet- I believe MS should pursue that as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.