wifi wont connect?

Reaction score
i have a linksys wireless g 2.4 ghz wireless router and up until now it has worked fine with my computer, but all of a sudden it has stopped being able to connect to my mac, everytime i try to connect it always pops up that it had a "connection timeout" but my wired connection works completely fine and almost never times out, so why would it be doing this? on a side note i had windstream come over to take a look at my phone lines since they were fuzzy, he ended up just plugging in some small little box that the phone line plugs into when it comes out of the wall, and if i remember right it stopped working around this time, please help, i need to play on gamecenter!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more
Ok, your Mac will no longer connect to your router?

And I'm sure you have tried reseting both the router and your Mac..

The tech most likely just put a DSL filter on your line and should have no impact on the wireless... if you can still direct connect via network cable and get to the internet.

have you tried loggin in to your router and ensure the settings have not changed i.e encription WEP or WAP.. Mac Filtering... do you have any other computers to test with?

Or can you test your Mac at a friends house to see if it will work on their network?

I did have a router that would alow connections sometimes for days then just stop .. I fought with it for 3 weeks and finaly just bought a new one.

OP
H
Reaction score
well i dont exacty know what you mean by resetting my mac? i have restarted it if thats what you mean, and ill try some wep passwords i think that might be it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.