Wireless Printing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3 MacBook Air 1.7 i5 - also, Mac Mini and dead 12in iBook G4 (RIP)
Bought a Belkin Wireless Print Server... "print wirelessly from any computer" it says on the box...

"Any computer that runs windows" is what it should have said... "Linux or Mac users better not bother", it ought to add...

So, anyone have a wireless print server they can recommend? Do Mac do one that works with Airtalk??

I have a Mini and an iBook but want the printer hidden away out of range of my USB print cable, so wireless seemed perfect...

I don't know enough about how Macs work to try and force my Mini to even find the server when attached by an ethernet cable, so I am really stuffed.

Ideas anyone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yep: Get the Airport Express!

As well as streaming music wirelessly and acting as a wifi router it is also a wireless USB printer adapter.

Plug in the printer, look for bonjour printers in the print dialogue and you should be set!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
vote 3...
Yep they work great

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3 MacBook Air 1.7 i5 - also, Mac Mini and dead 12in iBook G4 (RIP)
Cheers guys.... more cash headed Jobs' way !!

Least it won't be another grey box !!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.