Macbook Pro 15" or iMac 27"

Reaction score
Im a to-be switcher and I know this : I want something from Apple! ;D

The problem is I have no clue (after reading everything there is to read about them) wether I need a Macbook Pro 15" or a iMac 27"

Here is what i'l be using it for:

Heavy use of Garageband

Moderate use of iMovie (youtube videos and family DVDs)

Little bit of iPhoto (family albums)

Schoolwork (Presentations and Reports, nothing amazingly proffessional)

Watching DVDs

Playing graphicaly demanding games (mostly WoW on highest settings)

Streaming Video

Downloading Music

Everyday Internet use (although im quite impatient :Smirk: )

The main thing is im responsible for my entire family's IT work (graphics for birthday cards, edited photos, etc) on top of mine! So I need something powerful to cope!

:Confused:

Any advice/experience would be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks,

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
The things you listed aside...you need to first establish whether you need mobility or not. Then the choice will be come clear.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
With what you listed above, you do not need a super duper computer.

If you want a big computer, get the 27".

If you want mobility, get the 15".

Both will run what you want and you will be very happy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more
For my self personally ... I have moved 'mostly' away from all desktop type computers. I prefer being able to take my stuff with me.

The MacBook Pro would give you most every thing you would be looking for .. (not so sure about the Gaming??)

And you have the capabilities of hooking it up to a larger display as well (including an external mouse and keyboard)

But if you never plan on taking it any where the iMac may be for you and might be less expensive because you won't have to purchase the extra monitor keyboard and mouse to use it at home for what you are looking for ...

Its all a matter of personal preferance

OP
U
Reaction score
Thanks guys, i think i'l get the macbook pro and an additional screen because I need mobility and a large screen.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Great choice IMO... I use THESE stand for my MBP while screenspanning on my desk (home & office)

mstand_back_macbookpro1.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.